Search This Blog

03 May 2014

Hello!

I love paper. In fact I've always had a thing for stationery - pens, pencils, pencilcases, paper, gift wrap, you name it.  I haven't always kept in touch with my paper passion, though it occasionally showed up from time to time - the stationery cupboard at work was one of my favourite places. Then just before Christmas 2013 my passion for all things paper was unleashed with a vengeance!

Image via createandcraft.tv

The seeds were sown in late Summer when I stumbled upon (and promptly became hooked on) Create & Craft TV, which inspired the seemingly harmless decision to make my own Christmas cards.  Shopping for supplies started a chain reaction, which shows no sign of slowing down.  I was introduced to a whole new world of pretty papers, delightful embellishments, stamping, embossing, die cutting...  You get the picture.

Now, you should know that I've also got a thing for fabric, yarn & haberdashery.  It seems that I have a need to express my creativity by making things.  I delight in the whole process of taking a set of separate elements, and then combining them to create something completely new. It's marvellous!  So although I barely have time to spend on my existing crafty interests, I'm embracing this awakened interest in paper into my crafty fold, and as it's nice to have somewhere to document my journey I decided to set up this blog.

So here's to a new adventure. Let's see where it takes me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for reading and taking the time to comment. It iss always lovely to hear from you. ☺