Search This Blog

09 February 2016

Do What You Love - Love What You Do



I bought the "Frame & Love Set" embossing folders by Sizzix because I loved this sentiment, but it sat unused for quite a long time because I didn't really know what to do with it.  So I started with the basics - I embossed a piece of coloured card with a white core and sanded the embossing back.  Then I highlighted some of the decoration around the word 'LOVE', that looked a bit like foliage and flower buds, with Flowersoft.  Then I added some butterflies and a punched flower.

The butterflies were from a stamp set by Clearly Besotted, which I coloured with Spectrum Noirs.  To help the colours pop I highlighted some of the detail with a white gel pen.  The wings were curled a bit and then propped up with small foam pads to help make the piece look more dynamic,

I punched two flowers, which I layered up, shaped a bit and then added black beads to the centre.  The leafy vine is a Britannia die, which I really love.

Once done I liked the way it looked, but it needed a mat, so I used bright pink card to echo the colour in the larger butterflies.  I then matted the whole thing onto black mirror card which seemed to tie the whole thing together, as it picked up the back from the butterflies as well as the centre of the flower.  I intend to mount the whole thing on grey board and then hang it up somewhere around my craft space.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for reading and taking the time to comment. It iss always lovely to hear from you. ☺