Search This Blog

04 May 2014

My First Card



This is the first card that I made. It was for a friend's birthday last September.  Her nickname is "Lolly" so I thought a card with a lolly on it would be just right.   This is when I first started to realise that card composition was a lot more difficult than it looks. It's not a bad first effort, but if I were making it now (with my wealth of experience... LOL) I'd do a few things differently, like adding a little dimension by using foam pads on the lolly, increasing the size of the main lolly a little, possibly using some extra matting & layering to frame the lolly better, and I might ditch the flower embellishment in favour of something "sweeter" ;-).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for reading and taking the time to comment. It iss always lovely to hear from you. ☺